WHO WE ARE
The Community Learning Center helps adults improve their lives and increase their community participation through free educational programs and services.
These services include:
- English classes
- Citizenship classes
- Basic reading, writing, and math classes
- Preparation for the HiSET and GED tests
- Preparation for college
- Computer User Support training
- Home Health Aide (HHA) training
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training
- Workplace Education at MIT
The Community Learning Center also offers free educational and career counseling, tutoring, and basic computer instruction.
CLC needs volunteers who are willing to commit to working 1.5 hours each week for at least six months as tutors or classroom aides. Beginning in September and January, we have opportunities available to work with ESOL students (English for Speakers of Other Languages) or ABE students (Adult Basic Education — reading, writing, math for native speakers).
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.Helen Keller